Thursday, March 17, 2011

I Hate Mondays, Yes I Know It is Thursday.

I should have known to just crawl into bed on Monday and forget getting up until the following one. 

Our Monday morning started with a transformer blowing up in the neighborhood, which ultimately caused us to lose power.  So, you hear the big BOOM from the transformer, which wakes you up, then you realize the power is off.  We have a generator that is hooked into the house, so the power isn't off long.  After about a minute of the power being off, the alarm clock went off.  Jeff crawled out of bed and I shortly followed.

As I walked out into the kitchen I couldn't believe how tired I was for 6:15.  I'm normally a wake up and ready to go kind of girl.  Jeff mentioned to me that the newspaper wasn't delivered this morning.  This surprised me since our newspaper is usually in our driveway by 5:45 a.m each morning. 

We drank our coffee, Jeff read the news on the computer and then got up to get dressed to leave for work.  I sat down to watch the morning news.  With everything going on in Japan, I wanted to see the news at 7, so I sat down to watch the local news until that time.  I had to fumble with the television since we had lost power and of course it messes up your cable as well.  At which point I glanced at the time on the cable box.

5:33 AM

As I sat and stared trying to figure out what the heck time was it really, the nice lady on the news informed me that yep, sure indeed, it was 5:33 a.m.  I walked into our bedroom to find Jeff fully dressed and ready to go.  "Wanna know why the paper isn't here yet?" I asked.  "Why", he replied.  "Because it is only 5:30 in the morning" I yelled back! 

Somewhere in the confusion of the power going out, and coming back on, our clock set itself to some funky time.  (And yes, we had set our clocks back on Saturday!)  I'm glad I discovered it before Jeff left.  It would have been interesting for him to one, not only work in the dark, but two, to show up at someones house at 6 a.m. for work! 

The day continued at our accountants office that afternoon where we discovered my former wonderful employer never took any federal withholding taxes out of my pay check last year.  I'm not even going into the explanation they gave me as to how and why it happened.  But this now causes us to have a LARGE tax bill that we were not expecting to have.  I could sit down and cry.  Truth be told, I did sit down and cry. 

That was the beginning to our week.  On a better note, I hope, we have selected someone to work for us.  We now have to wait on the insurance company to confirm his driving record and that he is okay to drive for us.  Guess when we get the answer?  MONDAY. 

I'm not even working and I hate Mondays!


1 comment:

  1. I hope you meant that you actually set your clocks forward on Saturday night instead of back. Otherwise you were messed up even more than you know. I was reading it thinking that you were on the wrong time all day Sunday as well but didn't know it.

    ReplyDelete