Saturday, June 25, 2011

Let The Thunderstorms Begin!

I'm typing this with 4 dogs all trying to cram themselves under my desk.  Summer has finally arrived in Florida.  When you live in Florida, you realize quickly what a true Summer rainstorm is.  You receive 3 to 5 inches of rain in a very short amount of time.  And with that brings a LOT of thunder and lightning.  And along with the thunder and lightning, comes 3 extremely anxious dogs.  Since Duchess is now deaf, they don't bother her, but between my other 3 and my Moms dog who I'm dog sitting for the next 3 weeks, they can't handle the stress!

Along with that stress, comes lack of sleep for Jeff and I if the storms come at night.  In looking at the forecast for the upcoming week, I may as well have had a baby for the lack of sleep I believe I will be encountering!



I was referred by our vet to try out the Thundershirt for our dogs.  That or Xanex.  I couldn't imagine putting my dogs on medication for storms that I don't always know will appear.  So, I will be trying the Thundershirt.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  You really need to check out their website, the videos are quite convincing.  I will keep you informed once they arrive and we have had a chance to try them out.

I'm not complaining about the rain.  We haven't had in any months and when the daily temperature has been topping out around 97 degrees, you really find yourself wishing for it.  Our lake dried up and all of our fish died.  I knew something was up when I went to leave the house and our pond, well it was actually just a puddle, had around 20 vultures surrounding it.  At least they ate all of the dead fish and I didn't have to deal with the smell.

Let the power outages begin and BRING ON THE RAIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment