Tuesday, September 14, 2010

My Version of Alice's Spring Chicken

Last night I sat staring at the chicken that I had taken out of the freezer for dinner wondering what I would do with it.  I was in the mood for something different.  And then I remember Alice's Spring Chicken from the Outback Steakhouse.

I took regular mustard and mixed it with honey until I had the taste and consistency that I was looking for in a honey mustard.  I sprinkled All Seasoning on the chicken and let it sit for about 10 minutes before placing the chicken in a ziplock bag with the honey mustard.  I sprayed a baking dish with cooking spray, took the chicken out of the ziplock, wrapped each piece in thick sliced bacon and baked at 350 for about 50 minutes.  During the last 10 minutes of cooking, I sprinkled on shredded cheddar cheese.

While this was baking, I boiled some red potatoes in salt water until tender.  After they were done, I drained them, added in butter and half &half and mixed. 

This was the end result.




I usually take photos of all ingredients and as it is being cooked, but I didn't think it would turn out as good as it did. 

1 comment:

  1. That looks good - I'm going to have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete