Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Chicken Pie, Oh My!

Photo courtesy of Centerville Pie Co.

If you read my blog, you know I love food.  Good food that is.  I will try almost anything, especially if it is some sort of comfort food.

During a recent viewing of Oprah, she talked about one of her favorite things being the Chicken Pie from The Centerville Pie Company.  The Centerville Pie Co. has a great story and I really encourage you to read their About Us section of their website.

I ordered a few as gifts, and order myself one.  Mine came yesterday, and since I didn't have anything set for dinner, decided last night was as good as any other. 

Placing the pie in the oven for the one and half hour cooking time, I then boiled some potatoes, and made some extra chicken gravy for them.  The pie comes with gravy, however, I knew it wouldn't be enough for the potatoes.

After cooking, I plated it up, and served it out.  Kyle grabbed his and ran into the other room to eat.  After a few minutes he came running back out to the kitchen.  "Mom", he said, "Oh My Gosh, you need to make this at least once a week.  It is the best dinner ever!"

After thinking things over for a minute, I didn't bother to mention to him that I didn't actually make it.  I did have to place it in the oven, turn the oven on and make the potatoes and gravy that went with it.  I also was struggling with the whole "Best dinner ever" comment.  I have cooked for hours sometimes, and to have this be my "Best Dinner ever" was kind of deflating.  That is when I decided what he didn't know wouldn't hurt him!

The pie was really good!  It has been cold here at night, so it was an excellent dish to serve on a chilly evening! Another thing I considered was serving this when we have company.  Normally I'm cooking like crazy and don't have the time to chit chat too much.  This pie would allow me the free time to visit with company while at the same time serving a great meal!

You can purchase the pie online at Harry and Davids.  Buy one and keep it in your freezer for that one night you don't know what to cook or if you want to impress those that are coming for dinner!

P.S.  Harry and David and the Centerville pie company have no clue who I am, nor do they care!  This was just my opinion!

1 comment:

  1. Like your blog. Following via blog hop. Please stop by my blog at http://fortyandtryingtobefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete