Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Overwhelmed

I'm overwhelmed by a whole lot of stuff right now. 

As I've mentioned in the past, my husband has been having some medical problems.  They haven't gone away and he is scheduled for an endoscopy on Friday.  I really am hoping this finally gives us some answers.  On top of all of this, his liver enzymes are showing higher than normal.  Jeff has been on blood pressure medicine for quite a few years now and since we just changed his medication about 4 months ago, that could explain the liver enzymes.

On top of this, we had to make repairs to one of the work trucks that ran us a couple thousand dollars and today I received the phone call from the doctors office that our deductible hasn't been met, so we need to come to surgery with another $500. 

For the past 20 years I have had exceptional insurance.  We have never needed it.  We are currently privately insured since I'm out of work and now all of this! 

I have decided that I need to look further into a Raw Food diet for us.  From what I can tell, this would hopefully allow Jeff to be completely off any and all medications.  But, have you seen the information out there?!  Wow.  Where to begin?

I'm going to have to learn to prepare food in a completely different manner, while keeping a 16 year old happy and eating as well.  Small steps, I know, but still.  I look at my cupboards and realize all of the food that I am going to have to get rid of.  I will be calling some friends to go shopping in my kitchen!

No comments:

Post a Comment