Sunday, July 24, 2011

Smoothie Sunday

My life became much smoother a week ago.  My new blender arrived!  Get it?  My life is smoother?  Okay, never mind!

Please say hello to my new best friend!  My new Blendtec blender.  In red of course!  When making smoothies, my old blender worked, but this new blender is fabulous!  When I press the smoothie button, it goes through its cycles to make a smoothie. 

This mornings breakfast recipe was as follows:

One Mango
One Banana
4 slices of Pineapple
Juice of one Orange
2 cups of Spinach
Ice and a little bit of water

Hit the smoothie button, and 40 seconds later, I have my wonderful breakfast.  And yes, it makes about 32 ounces and I drink all of it!

Tonight I was in the mood for something sweet and chilly, so I made a Banana, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Milkshake. 

3 frozen bananas
1 1/2 cups of light soy milk
1 tbsp peanut butter
1 tbsp chocolate syrup
One cup of Ice, (although next time I think I will add a little more)

I then pressed the milkshake button, YES, there is a milkshake button!  This served enough for myself and Jeff to enjoy as dessert!  YUMMY!

Today I found a recipe for Fresh Strawberry Margaritas, maybe I will try that one next!  Stay tuned for more recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment