Sunday, May 30, 2010

Alone

I like to be home alone. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but there is something to be said to having the entire house to yourself for a weekend.
Jeff is at The Redneck Yacht Club for the weekend, and Kyle is with his Dad. That leaves me at home with the animals.

First, let me say this... I LOVE MY HOUSE. All 2.5 acres of it. I love my pool, I love to sit outside and read with the surround sound on as loud as I want it and on what ever I want to hear. I like to go to bed at night and sleep smack dab in the center of the bed. I don't have to cook dinner, so I usually don't. A snack and a glass of wine, and I am all set. My car hasn't been out of the garage since I put it there Friday night.

The alone time allows me to play around with my soaps, and my camera. (Soap photos tomorrow) This morning while sitting out back, I took these photos.


This is actually the sun coming up through the trees and fog.

This is looking out from our back patio. It was so serene this morning.

And as always, when Jeff leaves I have some issue with an animal. Whether it is our own, or some wild creature (peacocks, vultures, snakes, etc.). This weekend was not going to let me down in that department either. I let the dogs out into the dog pen and then realized they had a visitor.




Took me a bit to suck it up and get him out of there. The heebie jeebies kick in when I have to touch any animal other than my dogs and cats. They are in the wild for a reason people.

So back to my opening comment, I like to be alone and I love my house. I found myself repeating that mantra over and over again as I moved the turtle, killed the spider in the bathroom and saw the snake slither through the bushes when I went to get the mail yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny! I would have been okay with the turtle, but not the snake. I love being home alone too - should have stayed home this weekend - would have had more fun.

    ReplyDelete