Tuesday, May 11, 2010

What's For Dinner?

This is for my sister in law, Stacey, who requested I cook something for dinner that she can then have the recipe for. So, in honor of The Pioneer Woman, who I am going to see tomorrow in Orlando at her book signing, I tried the following recipe:

Hot and Spicy Drumsticks, by Terri from the Tasty Kitchen. I had to make some changes because I didn't have all of the ingredients that Terri used.

Ingredients: Apricot Preserves, Ketchup, Soy Sauce, Garlic, chili powder. Original recipes calls for Hot Sauce. Since my husband likes nothing spicy, I don't carry hot sauce, so I substituted the chili powder. Cutting it from 2 tsp to 1 tsp. ( The wine in the background? That is mine for drinking. No wine in this recipe, just forgot to move the evidence before I took the photo!)

Combine all ingredients in a sauce pan and cook until the apricot preserves have melted down. Pour over chicken in a greased baking dish. Place in the oven at 350 degrees for 45 minutes. I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs since this is what I had on hand.

All done and smells, wonderful. Scratch and Sniff . Did you try? hee, hee... just kidding, no scratch and sniff yet.


What's for dinner? Apricot Chicken over Rice. It was Yummy. Thanks Pioneer Woman, and see you tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment