I have had ear trouble for over a year now. Nothing major, just enough that it is bothersome. I have seen my family physician; an ear, nose, throat doctor who gave me a nasal spray and then sent a scope up my nose and down my throat. Yeah, that was fun! As well as having an MRI, and hearing tests. Everything was fine and no one could explain what the problem was.
Two weeks ago, when I was still in the midst of my migraine and begging for any type of relief, a friend of ours offered to come over and do Ear Candling. Never had tried it, so I figured what could I lose?
You can buy ear candles at the health food store. They are large hollow paper like candles. You cut a hole through a paper plate, and place it in. That way no ash falls on the person you are working on. You then place the smaller end of the candle into the ear, and light the top of it.
I actually got Jeff to do one. Which is good, because otherwise I would have had to post my picture, and no one needs to see me with a gigantic candle sticking out of my ear!
Once the candle reaches a few inches above the plate, you put the candle out in water. You can then cut open the bottom and see all of the wonderful icky stuff it claims to have pulled out of your ear through a vortex.
In the end, I still had my ear issue and my headache. But if anything, this is very relaxing. You are forced to lay your head down, close your eyes and trust that someone won't drop that large candle anywhere on you!