Saturday, November 20, 2010

Craft Shows and My Dad

Today was the first day of my second craft show during the holiday season at Mixons.  I did this show last year while my husband was in Las Vegas.  And no, I wasn't invited seeing as it was a guys weekend.  My Dad was visiting that week and got roped in to helping me.  With the show last year, helping me only required him to sit outside in beautiful weather and talk to me most of the day.  And even at one point, as I was out front of the tent talking to some people and glanced in, my Dad was sound asleep in his chair.  No, it wasn't all that busy.

Well Dad, cuz I know you are reading this,  you didn't miss anything new this year!  The weather was beautiful as always.  The people just didn't show.  And then to top it all off?  I think I'm getting sick.  Nothing makes for a longer day than feeling horrible and having to sit in an uncomfortable chair and wanting nothing more than a nap.  I totally get my Dad now and how he could sleep at a craft show.  All though, he wasn't sick, just enjoying the weather which he certainly was not getting in November in upstate New York!

So, at 6:30 p.m. I hopped into bed.  I woke up at 9:00 p.m.  It is now 11:40 p.m. and here I am.  And I still feel like crap!  Which is why I can't sleep.   And all I can think is I have to do this again tomorrow?  UGH.

Anyway, miss you Dad.  Wish you were here.  And I totally understand why you skipped this week this year!

1 comment:

  1. Michelle, so glad we could feature you on Friendly Friday. Hope you have a happy Thanksgiving! :)

    ReplyDelete