Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oh, The Memories

When Kyle turned 6 in 2001, Jeff and I bought him a swing set with a matching play tower.  It was huge and had to be purchased in pieces and built.  It took Jeff a little over 4 days to build it.  It was so impressive that when we moved in to our current home, we moved the two play sets with us!

I have pictures that I would love to place here of that time, however, that was in the days of scrap booking.  Those pictures aren't coming off those pages and I'm not in the mood to scan and crop.  Sorry.

Here we are 9 years later and Jeff is again helping to put up a swing set.  My close friend has a son who is 2 years old.  When I babysat for him back in October, I discovered he loves, and I mean loves to go outside.  He needed a swing set.  A bunch of us pitched in to give him one for Christmas, but who can wait until Christmas when it comes to a 2 year olds happiness?


Could you tell this face, sorry you need to wait another month?

We delivered the play set yesterday afternoon.  Of course it comes in pieces and Logan was more than happy to help carry the pieces back.  He was also very pleased with all of the pieces just laying in the yard! 


And of course, there was the box.  Nothing like the imagination of a 2 year old and a 15 year old when it comes to a box. 


Kyle is hiding in the box and sticking his hand out through a hole, Logan is checking it out.



This was Kyle trying to get out of there before I could get the picture.  It is a little blurry, but I have the proof that he is still a little boy at heart!

As time progressed, Logan caught on to what we had.

Logan checking out the picture of the play set on the box.

And here, he discovers the slide.  Who needs to attach it to have fun?


And then, there is my son.  Who kept Logan a little occupied, but mostly occupied himself.  For instance, I glanced over at him and he had a piece of the play set hanging on his head.  When I asked him what he was doing, he said "Look, I'm Lady Gaga!"  Gotta give the boy credit for his imagination!

Lady Gaga Himself

Unfortunately we ran out of sunlight and had a tired and hungry little boy on our hands.  Logan, not Kyle!  We headed inside and when Logan realized he couldn't go back outside he wasn't happy.  To which point we left.  (Sorry Kim)

We will be back tonight to finish before sundown.  I will post final pics tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment