Wednesday, July 7, 2010

2 For The Price of One

First, let me get this off my chest:

NICO IS HOME!!!! 

Now, let me tell you about the title of this post.

Our newspaper ad hit this morning.  We received a few calls and someone mentioned that we should call the Sarasota animal shelters as well.  While calling all of these, I kept getting the same question, "Didn't you just call about a Shiba Inu?"  Finally, after the 3rd time, I asked who else is calling.  They informed me that a small white Shiba Inu, female, went missing last night. 

As I was checking our ad on craigslist, I noticed the very first ad was for a white Shiba Inu, named Sheba.  Her family missed her terribly and were looking for her.  I have to say, Nico is cute, but she was right up there with him.

I then received a phone call from a gentleman who informed me that he didn't have my dog, but he had found a "small, white, Shiba Inu named Sheba, whose telephone number on her collar didn't work."  He wanted to know if I had heard of her and if I knew of a way he could get in touch with the owner.  After getting over my initial shock, I told him that yes, I did know whose dog it was and just so happened to have a cell number and a home number.  I took his number and called Sheba's owner.  He was over the moon with excitement that we had found her. 

During all of this, I received a text from Jeff "I think I found him, will let you know".  Twenty minutes later, Nico was back at home.  The person who picked him up on Sunday, saw our flyer at the gas station and called.  He said that Nico had been wonderful and had been sleeping with his 5 yr old son the past few nights.  (Not sure if Nico is happy he was recovered, because he will be back on the dog bed!)

So, in the end, we got 2 for the price of one.  I'm glad we were able to have these Happy Endings. 

1 comment:

  1. So glad you found Nico and he is home - happy ending!

    ReplyDelete