Sunday, August 1, 2010

Safe Cosmetics Act

I started making handmade soaps, lotions, lip balms, bath bombs and other body products over a year ago.  It has been an outlet for me to express some creativity while having a product that is better for the consumer. 

A bill titled "Safe Cosmetics Act" has been introduced into the house by representatives Schakowsky (D-IL), Markey (D-MA) and Baldwin (D-WI). They say they are issuing this bill to make cosmetics safer with more regulation. 

This regulation would put myself and others like me out of business.  Please support me in saying NO to this bill.  You can oppose the bill here or sign a petition here,

You can also read the following articles on why this isn't good for consumers or small business through any of the following links.
Alabu Skin Care Blog
Soap Queen Blog
Indie Business Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment